Three Generations build a house together... Eco Friendy Urban Homesteading, being as frugal as they can...

Friday, November 4, 2011

Roof, Day 2!



Hams!


I think this picture says it all!  The wonderful thing about this is that I didn't even ask them to do make fools of themselves, they just did it.  They make my job so easy!  :)

I wanted to show you a view from the front of the house. The house shows easily from the east side, but from the street view, the house is very much to scale of the other houses in the neighborhood. Many of the two story houses are at the other end of the street.


Yesterday they got the east side gable up.  Something we talked about over dinner...this can happen with three people on the job, where as it took Nathan & Keith lots of thinking and doin' to get the other side up, in a much longer amount of time.



Erik worked on the painting of the gable peices.  We have them painted, then put together so we don't have to get up their later (next summer) and paint them & they are protected for this winter.  Much easier than climbing up there.  Since we don't have to, we won't!  He has a system going in the shop & the heat up so the paint will dry quickly. 


Why I'd like to have him off the roof when the weather comes...

chattin' on the roof...J is always very careful when she's on the roof...and so are we.
hard to believe there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow...blue skys and 55'...maybe it'll miss us...


I haven't posted many interior pictures.  I think they just look confusing in photos right now.  I am however very excited about our new bedroom and bathroom...The bedroom is a bit different than I thought it was going to be, so I've been rearranging furntiure in my sleep.





 This is from the doorway looking in & to the right. 
looking down the hall into our bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment