Three Generations build a house together... Eco Friendy Urban Homesteading, being as frugal as they can...

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Something has come between us!

YEA! We have walls!  Well, wall!  Nathan sent me a text yesterday saying the wall would be up in 10 minutes...well, I wasn't able to see the wall jacks in action, BUT I did get over to the property to see a BIG 'OL WALL! 

Jocie and I jumped up there and played opening and closing our pretend windows!  Good thing the neighbors already know we're nuts, because otherwise they would have been SURE of it last night!

"Hi"!

Our goal is to get the house roughed in before winter. As the light fades sooner in the day and the mornings are chilly, there has been a bit more anxiety over getting the walls up.  It's actually a pretty small percentage of the overall work, but the biggest impact (I think anyway!)

wall jacks in action...I'm told I'll have to be there in order to see how they work!

Just for fun, here's what the property looked like a couple months ago:
May(ish)

and yesterday, from about the same location...

August 16th

and just for cute, here is J helping Nathan snap chalk lines.  We think she's so stinkin' cute at just about everything! lol



I'm off to clean the kitchen sink we found (with help from a friend!)...it's got a ton of rust in the basin.  I'm hoping I can get it clean, if not, I'll have to get it resurfaced...Too Da Loo, Kangroo!

No comments:

Post a Comment